Ad ID: 2018
Added: March 12, 2021
The Mauritius Revenue Authority (MRA) informs the public that the Government Wage Assistance Scheme (GWAS) and the Self-Employed Assistance Scheme (SEAS) have been extended for the month of June 2020 to operators having the necessary licence/permit from the relevant authorities to operate the following activities:
(a) Tourism sector
1. Hotels, guest houses, tourist residences and domains;
2. Tourist enterprises other than restaurants, pubs and tables d’hôtes;
3. Pleasure crafts engaged in commercial nautical activities;
4. Travel agencies, tour operators, tourist guides or canvassers, and
5. Businesses deriving at least 90% of their income from goods sold or services provided, to persons engaged in tourism activities as listed at (a)(1) to (4) above.
Note: A self-employed is entitled only to GWAS in respect of activities falling under item (5) above.
(b) Premises that remained closed or activities that were not allowed to be carried out under Covid-19 Regulations 2020
1. Fitness centres (gymnasium/sports complex);
2. Horse racing, bookmakers, casinos and gaming houses;
3. Leisure parks, amusement centres, including aquariums;
4. Multi-purpose halls, including wedding halls;
5. Nightclubs and private clubs licensed by the Tourism Authority;
6. Professional sports, and
7. Theatres and cinema halls.
2. Haberdashers operating in a market fair;
3. Holders of a license, certificate or permit issued by the Tourism Authority or Beach Authority other than for skippers, restaurants, pubs, tables d’hôtes or non-commercial pleasure crafts
4. Persons making handicrafts;
5. Persons working in school canteen, and
6. Taxi drivers operating at the airport, or based at a hotel.